Thursday, July 26, 2012

Long time, no update.

Its interesting. What do you do with your race blog when you "retire"?

 July of 2010 was my last trithlon: ITU long course worlds in Germany. After that race, despite finally breaking an hour for a 4K swim, I lacked the motivation to get back in the pool. There was simply no desire.

I still enjoy running and cycling, and have participated in a few duathlons, including last years ITU short course national and world championships. I still plan on racing, but I feel my professional days are over. This was largely facilitated by an accident this spring that involved a broken leg and shoulder reconstruction. Fun fun.

On the flip side we are excited for a new chapter in life- my wife and I are expecting out first child this fall. We have also moved to the bay area to be closer to family and friends as we take on this challenge. I will greatly miss Colorado, its majestic mountains and the friends we have left, but I greatly look forward to spending some time in the sunshine state and rekindling relationships with those we left 6 years ago.

For those that helped me succeed in Triathon: I am ever grateful. My success would not have happened without the moral and financial support you provided. Thank you.

Given this blogs neglect, I'm not sure how much I will be using it going forward. I appreciate its nostalgic value, and it reminds me of the finer details that I have forgotten from races. As such I will not be deleting it... but as of now its officially a weekend-warrior's blog. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Sunshine state is florida dork. You better keep this around....rando racing, xterra, mtb racing and the occasional 5k domination need to be documented.

    Now if you can guess who......

    ReplyDelete