Sunday, May 10, 2009

Barking Dog Duathlon Saturady 5/9

Hi all,
Yesterday was the Barking Dog Duathlon at Cherry Creek State Park in south Denver.

Results:

Overall: 3rd, 1:15:20
5K Run: 15:21
30K Bike :41:41-- 26mph
5K Run: 17:01

The first 5k was definitely short, I heard someone had it measured at 2.95 miles. Still a good first run split.
Pretty happy with the overall result, especially since I have not done
ANY speed work- and I paid for it. With a mile left in the bike leg my hamstring Completely cramped. I hung my leg off the side of the bike for a minute til it subsided, and then soft-pedaled into transition. I dont know how much time that cost, but I lost all of the gap (maybe 35 sec?) I had put on 3rd place. He passed me right out of transition and proceeded to pull away as my hamstrings put the smack down on my ability to get a move on. I will do a few more brick (run- bike-run-bike) workouts over the next couple weeks, as well as some track work, and I should be good to go for the Apple Du in Minnesota and Auburn Du (Nationals) in Cali. Erin and Chip made the trip down with me, thanks guys!!

Super stoked on the Blue Competition race bike and Zipp wheels, definitely no excuses with equipment! The wireless SRM should be here soon, will be nice to get some power values to work with.
Done with my down week, time to ramp it back up for the next few! woot!

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog buddy! Your going to kick ass this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anywho this is my blog (that my lazy arse will soon start changin). http://trichris14.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete